• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax Spoilers Thread - SHO me your spoilers

Marie in Ultimax
is Izanami embodiment. The true final boss of vanilla P4 aka the "Izanami" you are referring to is only a portion of what Izanami is. Marie for the majority of Golden is also a portion of Izanami, until the end where she absorbs all the portions to become the complete Izanami. So yes, in essence, Izanami is in Ultimax.

so what your saying is Yu fucked a god
damn even Makoto isnt that good

Setsu00

Eh, that could just be a namedrop. I want them to be connected, but honestly,the connections are pretty tenuous. Unless we also want to say that Catherine and Persona happen in the same world!

Hashino explicitly stated in an interview that all Persona games are set in the same continuity. There's a scan of said interview floating around.

So anyone know what happens to Elizabeths Quest?

Elizabeth is still continuing her quest in freeing Makoto. And that it has been said she might become a guest of the velvet room. So basically it wasn't resolved in Ultimax and probably will be at some later point. So all we do now is wait for Door-kun :)

Elizabeth is still continuing her quest in freeing Makoto. And that it has been said she might become a guest of the velvet room. So basically it wasn't resolved in Ultimax and probably will be at some later point. So all we do now is wait for Door-kun :)

Wow, so much teasing and nothing happening. I highly doubt Elizabeth quest will continue in P4D.......could it be her quest may indirectly effect P5.

Setsu00

Sophia is right though, Margaret mentioned that Elizabeth's quest may take aeons to complete. Unless they set one game in the very distant future or pull some kind of miracle BS, I don't see Elizabeth finishing her task in the next years.

Sophia is right though, Margaret mentioned that Elizabeth's quest may take aeons to complete. Unless they set one game in the very distant future or pull some kind of miracle BS, I don't see Elizabeth finishing her task in the next years.

To be fair, what game in this series DIDN'T end with a miracle?

EDIT:

I would just like to point out that Shadow Labrys and her role in the story are utterly absurd. She's a shadow, born from an Anti-Shadow Weapon, that somehow managed to survive beyond her own defeat, develop an ego, and summon a goddanm Persona separate from the one that Labrys herself can summon.

I mean it all make sense in context of the story, but that's some Shadow-inception levels there.
*BWOOOOOOMMMMM*

Sophia

I would just like to point out that Shadow Labrys and her role in the story are utterly absurd. She's a shadow, born from an Anti-Shadow Weapon, that somehow managed to survive beyond her own defeat, develop an ego, and summon a goddanm Persona separate from the one that Labrys herself can summon.

I mean it all make sense in context of the story, but that's some Shadow-inception levels there.

NichM

Banned

I have a theory about why this happened, but I don't want to share it in case it becomes gospel. :|

Xenoflare

It's just a way to keep her in the game while making plot adjustments, but I yeah I agree it's dumb.

Persona is a series that has many miracles and asspulls. So I don't see that being a problem.

FluxWaveZ

"Bring on the ring!" Love that sentence. "I am a Shadow, the true self" levels of awesome.

Just finished the story mode (except for Episode Adachi and Episode P4A). Took me about 12-13 hours. Shorter than P4A's, but that's a good thing because it's far more concise.

Seems that Episode P4 is the canon route, but I much preferred Episode P3. The Shadow Labrys awakening scene where she takes over Labrys' body is one of the best in the game. And the Episode P3 epilogue was miles better than the Episode P4 epilogue chapter.

On one hand, the story seems pretty conclusive in terms of what happens to the P3 and P4 crew after this ends, but they seem to be setting up "Sho's journey isn't over" significantly, so that's interesting. Also, I'm pretty sure that was Igor with a new voice at the start of the story, so I'm surprised he didn't appear anywhere else except for in the beginning. Still not really into how his presence is in the game's opening because of that, heh.

One of my favorite shots for sure:
YyeN3jk.jpg

Edit: Sho will not be the main character of Persona 5. That's ridiculous.

FluxWaveZ

I don't see how that's necessarily related. Every single Persona game takes place within the same timeline.

Edit: That Shadow Marie stuff is definitely intriguing. Guess unused assets, just like those sound test voice clips in the first game. Heh, speaking of which, they kept the clips of the P4 characters calling out their evolved Personas and the P3 characters calling out their original ones.

Setsu00

I don't see how that's necessarily related. Every single Persona game takes place within the same timeline.

That may be just me, but the way it's worded in Japanese feels like a chain to me (no pun intended), like it has deeper connections. I'm just guessing, however.

Nyoro SF

Edit: That Shadow Marie stuff is definitely intriguing. Guess unused assets, just like those sound test voice clips in the first game.

Ah, so Shadow Marie wasn't used in a one-off story fight? Looks like she might've been cut by a call from Atlus, or she'll be patched in later, etc.

FluxWaveZ

Huh, even the new P4AU P3 characters have sound clips of them calling out their original Personas. Thought it was just a feature they discarded in P4A a bit late, but then they still recorded those lines for P4AU? Odd stuff.

Edit: Also feel that some Shadows have sound clips that make it sound like they're performing IKs.

Setsu00

Has anyone an idea what happened to this nyxwing file that was found in Arena?

Edit: I got it, it was the code name for the plume of dusk image.

arue

I'm sorry if this has been explained before, but what was the deal with Plume of Dusk reading from Sho? If he's not a robot, then how come there is a reading coming from him?

Setsu00

I'm sorry if this has been explained before, but what was the deal with Plume of Dusk reading from Sho? If he's not a robot, then how come there is a reading coming from him?

Ikutsuki shoved one into him or something when Sho was young.

Sophia

I have a theory about why this happened, but I don't want to share it in case it becomes gospel. :|

Please do, I'm curious as to the theory.

In fact, let me go spread a rumor at the Kurosawa Detective Agency that anyone who takes your word as gospel when you're clearly submitting your own theories will get rainbow colored pimples over their face. >.>

It's just a way to keep her in the game while making plot adjustments, but I yeah I agree it's dumb.

Oh I didn't say it was dumb, just that it was hilariously and utterly absurd. As Flux said, it's one of the best scenes in the game. And I have to agree with Flux that the P3 side is way better, storywise. Better dialogue, better character development, some real tear jerker/heartwarming moments in the epilogue, and a better final fight.

Ikutsuki shoved a Plume of Dusk into him as a means of trying to force a Persona awakening. Instead, it created a second personality and left him a vegetative state, so Ikutsuki discarded him.

Nachos

One of the older games begs to differ.

Also, I didn't see anyone post it yet, so here's a screenshot of the eboot data for Ultimax. Sho is indexed as "P5HERO." I'm going to laugh if Arue ends up a prophet, too.

arue

One of the older games begs to differ.

Also, I didn't see anyone post it yet, so here's a screenshot of the eboot data for Ultimax. Sho is indexed as "P5HERO." I'm going to laugh if Arue ends up a prophet, too.
Either Atlus is trolling us or someone edited that picture.

As much as I want to be a prophet, I really don't want my prediction to come true. *sweats*

Edit: What about those "Newboss Newboss_"? Couldn't that be for Sho and Minazuki instead?

Xenoflare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xTjrDevsZg

It was the JP Igor VA that died, right?

Why do we get a horrible new VA when our Igor was basically perfect?

Oh jeez Igor why.

I loved his English voice

Wait, I recall that Igor still has his old English voice in the character select screen, I assume that in the JP version that scene simply reuses Igor's clips no?

P4U2's dub is going to be a mixed bag. mostly good, but it's going to be mixed

Nachos

Not really.
? I mean, there's a linear chronology you can follow between all the games, but there definitely are two timelines.

Either Atlus is trolling us or someone edited that picture.

As much as I want to be a prophet, I really don't want my prediction to come true. *sweats*

Edit: What about those "Newboss Newboss_"? Couldn't that be for Sho and Minazuki instead?
That could be it, but the guy going through the data said it corresponds to Sho.

Editing HEX like that is very easy, so I'll only believe it when I see the P5 trailer.
That's certainly possible, but considering this is the same guy who's been providing a bulk of the verified information and was the one who first revealed things about Ground Zeroes, it'd be weird for him to slip that in now. Considering his track record, I'm inclined to believe it.

Yeah, that was pretty jarring. It's especially strange since Dan Worren was also Ikutsuki. I know he's not a major presence, but was there any new dialogue recorded for him?

FluxWaveZ

? I mean, there's a linear chronology you can follow between all the games, but there definitely are two timelines.

I'm talking generally, not specifically. They all take place within the same universe and context. The events of every single Persona game has had an influence on the subsequent ones.

RK128

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xTjrDevsZg

Wow :(.....he sounds very different from P4G X(. I guess this new voice actor is just taking over for the original English one due to the original VA not being able to voice Igor for P4AU (wasn't that the case for Noato too?). If he pops up in P5, then I'm sure his original VA will come back :D.

Besides, this new VA most likely is just getting used to this new role (meaning, with more experience, he will improve in this role :)).

My prediction: SHO WILL BE THE MC OF P5.

Think about it:
-Sho is a guest of the Velvet Room means either he has a Wild Card or something happens like in PQ where two powers collide. This time it's between Yu and one of the following: Sho or Elizabeth.

-In the trophy list, one of the story trophies is called "A New Journey" with Sho's silhouette as the icon. Also to add to this, what does P3's main story called? "The Journey."

-Sho's design is red and black. He fits the theme color of P5.

-P5's theme is to break the shackles of society and liberation. The setting could be set initially in prison. If you google "Prisons in Japan," you would find this image:

If you compare Sho's outfit with these prisoners, then it all makes sense. See the green top and the yellow band?

-In the interview that came out earlier this year, Hashino also mentioned that fans of P3 and P4 will feel right at home with P5. Well with this prediction, I'd say that P5 will feel too right at home because it will be directly connected with P4AU.

If you consider all of these points, then it all makes sense! Bookmark this post and come back when P5's MC is announced.

NOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom